Gold Adventures LLC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need prospecting help in georgia...

2 posters

Go down

need prospecting help in georgia... Empty need prospecting help in georgia...

Post by scorpiotoyou Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:30 am

I recently moved from California to Calhoun Georgia in sept/15.... and I have no ides were to go.. to find areas open to prospect and rock hunting... I metal detect and I am slowly working on areas local I can hunt but will soon need more areas to go.. is there anyone here that is close that can help?
scorpiotoyou
scorpiotoyou

Back to top Go down

need prospecting help in georgia... Empty Re: need prospecting help in georgia...

Post by Admin Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:29 am

Hey Fred,

Don't forget that for gold prospecting a buddy of mine there, Rob Kelly, runs the Lake Allatoona Gold Panning club. They go out most Saturdays. Here's some info FYI...

Randy
-----------

Allatoona Gold Panners -

What - Gold panning outing, and mini flea market

When - Saturday, Feb 25, 11:00 am

Meet - Little River Marina Store, 6983 Bells Ferry Rd, Canton

Where - Then we’ll convoy to nearby Blankets Creek off Sixes Road, or where ever you and your panning buddy prefer to go.

Bring - Pan, classifier, sucker bottle, stool, zip lock bags for your electronics/wallet, and a long-handle spade. Bring items for flea market sale.

Option items: Water, snack, camera, cell, vial, eye dropper, crevice-ing tool, back pack, lanyard for your sucker bottle, and bucket to take home concentrates.

Wear - Layers, tall rubber boots or waders, rubber gloves.

Supplies - Little River Marina Store sells gold panning kits, accessories, Lake Allatoona maps, drinks and snacks.

More Info – Gold creeks attached. Kids, friends, novices, observers, & pets welcome. NO need to RSVP.

Unsubscribe? Let me know.

Dream like you will live forever, but act like there is no tomorrow. James Dean

May Your Pan Have Color,
Rob Kelly
Allatoona Gold Panners
Woodstock, GA
(H) 770-516-7044
(M) 770-842-7044
rrkelly@bellsouth.net

------------

Lake Allatoona Public Gold Panning Creeks (12/6/15)

Public Gold Panning Creeks are on US Army Corps of Engineers’ Lake Allatoona property. The “Allatoona” portion of Georgia’s Dahlonega gold belt is about 1-3 miles wide, fairly straight, extending diagonally from Acworth to Sixes to Canton paralleling the southeast and east side of Lake Allatoona. Gold has been found in ninety percent of the creeks in this section of the Dahlonega Gold Belt.

The Lake Allatoona Map, available at the Little River Marina Store, shows the location of most of these creeks. Many of the smaller creeks have no names and are therefore often named after the nearest street.

US Army COE, Allatoona Office, 678-721-6700, allows only shovels and pans in the stream bed. Corps boundaries are marked with red painted stripes on trees. Boundaries are marked on most county maps, too.

# Gold Creeks
1 Abercrombie Creek
2 Ackerman Road Creek or (Rock Ridge Rd)
3 Blankets Creek
4 Clark Creek
5 Cherokee Mine creek
6 Downing Creek
7 Fairway Valley Dr Creek
8 Flat Creek (Glade Gold Mine)
9 Fox Creek
10 Gold Branch Mine Creek
11 Kellogg Creek
12 Putnam Creek
13 Lewis Park Creek
14 Owl Creek
15 Owl Creek Tributary
16 “Middle” Creek (between Kellogg & Fox Creek)
17 Proctor Creek
18 Rattler Creek
19 Rose Creek
20 Rose Creek Tributary
21 Sixes Creek
22 Westland Way Creek
23 Woodruff Crossing Creek
24 Wooten Rd creek
25 Yacht Club Road Creek
26 YMCA Creek
27 Victoria Creek
28 Lemon St Creek