Gold Adventures LLC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silverplume, Georgetown, and Idaho Springs gold

3 posters

Go down

Silverplume, Georgetown, and Idaho Springs gold Empty Silverplume, Georgetown, and Idaho Springs gold

Post by MinerMatt Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:32 am

Hey dudes,
Does anyone know if there are any areas on Clear Creek or any of it's tributaries that you can legally prospect in the Silverplume, Georgetown, Idaho Springs area? I live in Leadville, and with Cache Creek being done for there is not very many places to prospect besides the Arkansas River. The Ark is too low to sluice right now, and Denver is a little too far of a drive for me most of the time, but not always. I have the fever bad! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
MinerMatt
MinerMatt
MinerMatt

Back to top Go down

Silverplume, Georgetown, and Idaho Springs gold Empty Re: Silverplume, Georgetown, and Idaho Springs gold

Post by russau Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:56 pm

Randy dosent think that the Arkansa River is to low to sluice! look at his current post!

russau

Back to top Go down

Silverplume, Georgetown, and Idaho Springs gold Empty Re: Silverplume, Georgetown, and Idaho Springs gold

Post by MinerMatt Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:04 pm

I looked at his current post where he was panning and fishing on the Ark on March 9th. If you look at his pics you don't see one of his sluice. He wasn't sluicing that day. He told me the river was too low to sluice right now when I asked him on the 10th of this month because I wanted to go on the 11th. It's usually doable this time of year so that's why I'm asking for help with finding other spots near Idaho Springs that I can work.
MinerMatt
MinerMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinInColorado Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:08 am

I know it’s been a while since this was asked but I figure a solid answer here will help,others.

There are quite a few county and city owned access points to Clear Creek from Georgetown downstream through Idaho Springs. The bad news is the county only welcomes gold pans on their property, no sluices or other gear. I’ve sampled every open access point and can say there’s only tiny amounts of gold once you get upstream of Idaho Springs a bit. The better gold is in town and downstream of town. The Rec path along the creek through the area downstream from town makes access easy. Enjoy!

To get all the access details, gps coordinates, exceptions to the rules and so on, grab a copy of my book. There’s a whole chapter on Idaho Springs, Georgetown and Clear Creek County!

I recently completed the first edition aka the ‘prospector’s edition’ of my book “Finding Gold In Colorado”. It includes 186 public prospecting sites - none of them claimable so no worries about claim status. Also has info on the origin stories of all the major gold mining towns of Colorado, mines open to tours, museums worth seeing and so on.

To learn more about it go to www.findinggoldincolorado.com/buy-the-book/

KevinInColorado

http://www.findingGOLDinColorado.com

Back to top Go down

Post by russau Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:46 am

Kev the "buy it here " function to buy your book isn't working.

russau

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinInColorado Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:14 pm

russau wrote:Kev the "buy it here " function to buy your book isn't working.

Weird that you are having trouble. Works for both my wife and I. Maybe I’m not testing the right link...can you tell me more about which link exactly?

KevinInColorado

http://www.findingGOLDinColorado.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down