Gold Adventures LLC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gold Hog Flow Pan

4 posters

Go down

Gold Hog Flow Pan  Empty Gold Hog Flow Pan

Post by MinerMatt Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:04 am

Hey guys,

I decided to post this video of one of Gold Hog's latest products. I would be very curious to here what you all have to say.

Heavy pans,

Matt
MinerMatt
MinerMatt

Back to top Go down

Gold Hog Flow Pan  Empty Re: Gold Hog Flow Pan

Post by dickb Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:46 am

Matt:
FYI
The link didn't make it to the forums.
Dickb
dickb
dickb

Back to top Go down

Post by russau Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:22 am

I saw Doc's video on another site and the video for his pan is at : WWW.GoldHog.com

russau

Back to top Go down

Post by russau Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:24 am

Just go to the site and scroll down on the right side of the page and it'll be half way down. Flow Pan

russau

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:26 am

Matt, Russ, Dickb,

Well.............most interesting...

Here's the quicker link:  http://www.flowpan.com/

I'd like to see some good reviews by folks out there first...........before I went and jumped on the "next cool thing" and spent like $99 plus shipping.

I have to say, last year I configured my 4 inch Keene dredge box with 7 feet of nothing but GH matting and dredged 5 days with it...  I was losing fine gold out the back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIvITlPX8eA

I even went and re-dredged both my big 2 tailing piles and got back a fair amount of previously lost fine to super fine gold.  That made me go back to 7 feet of nothing but Vortex matting in my box and I was seeing less lost gold out the back.  SO, I am sticking with my Vortex.  

I think this GH matting has a hard time with glacial clays, insane amounts of heavy black sand and nano fine specks & flakes all -50 to 200 or smaller.

We'll see how the "Flow Pan" ends up panning out...  Wink

Randy  C-17A  Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://c17a.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by russau Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:31 am

Interesting on the info on the fine's loss !

russau

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:43 am

Russ,

Yep... I was a little disappointed in the GH matting actually. Way more fine gold loss than with my Vortex matting.

So, I switched back to Vortex and away I go... Wink

I think the GH will work great with bigger gold, chunkier stuff.........but here in High Kolorado, on the Arkansas River, about 80% is all -50 to 200 nano specks and a bunch of that nano flakes that just roll and tumble and tumble...

Combine that with the insane amounts of black sand, one has to balance the water speed thru the sluice box carefully to effectively wash out the black sand well, BUT still give the nano gold a chance to stop tumbling, settle out.

Also, some of the best fine gold here is locked up in the heavy Cache Creek orange and red clays. One has to really wash it, suck it up slow with LOTs of extra water to help dissolve it, break it up before it get to the sluice, or it will just tumble out the back for sure in little clay balls.

So, I tried the GH matting......7 feet of it. In the end, thru sample panning tailings, straight Vortex does better for me.

Randy C-17A Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dickb Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:36 am

Randy:
That is an interesting observation that most miners miss. You have to set your equipment up for the type of gold that the area your mining has. If you have nuggets and pickers, you mine it different than the guy trying to find the nano in beach sands.
Glad you have dialed in what works best for you.
Dickb
dickb
dickb

Back to top Go down

Post by russau Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:30 pm

I also have both Gold Hog and Vortex mats for my 2 inch dredge , Plus some Veranda carpet. I like to try variations while in a new creek for me! Plus my 2 inch Keene dredge has both the crash box and the faired sluice's Plus either the suction tip or the venturi nozzle. so I'm set for whenever I get another chance to get out (if ever again)

russau

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:12 pm

Dickb, Russ,

Yep... I have tried all sorts of variations........matting, box angles, water speeds, nozzle feed rates......on and on...

I have dialed in the best setup so far for max super fine gold recovery and least loss out the box, confirmed by lots of sample panning the outwash and my tailing piles... Wink

In 5 years I now know what works and what doesn't.

Heavy pans to all!

Randy C-17A Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down