Gold Adventures LLC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Handegard, a Rogue River legend!

3 posters

Go down

Chris Handegard, a Rogue River legend! Empty Chris Handegard, a Rogue River legend!

Post by MinerMatt Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:30 am

Chris Handegard recently passed away, and his good friend posted this nice tribute video. You never know when you're going to go. Enjoy life everyday, because it truly is a gift.
MinerMatt
MinerMatt

Back to top Go down

Chris Handegard, a Rogue River legend! Empty Re: Chris Handegard, a Rogue River legend!

Post by russau Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:20 pm

Yes I saw it over on Tnet.

russau

Back to top Go down

Chris Handegard, a Rogue River legend! Empty Re: Chris Handegard, a Rogue River legend!

Post by Admin Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:29 pm

Matt,

Well................sorry to hear that... Embarassed

We need MORE prospectors and miners in the hobby......not lose them...

Maybe I'll talk to the local High School this Spring about doing a field trip with interested seniors, juniors, sophomores & freshman in 2017...

Randy C-17A Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://c17a.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MinerMatt Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:45 am

Randy,

If you can get that field trip organized with any seniors that want to learn, and especially high school students, than count me in. I want to help in any and every way I can with that. It's really important to teach others and keep this tradition alive. Gold prospecting is becoming a lost art. Let's do what we can to keep it alive and well for the future generations.

MinerMatt
MinerMatt
MinerMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:05 am

Matt,

Thanks for the kind offer.... I can always use some extra help with bigger groups. Wink

When I took out the Columbine Gem & Mineral Club folks from Salida last year I had 17 in the group. I broke them into 3 separate smaller groups each with pans, buckets and a sluice. I had folks pan, dig, sluice and rotate positions. Took a lot to keep everyone engaged, motivated, answer questions...

IF it happens, will probably be next Fall, after school starts back, like in September as seniors graduate end of May and not sure if the snow will be off Cache Creek by then...........plus, everyone will be planning for graduation, have family in town, etc.

We'll see.... Thanks again for the kind offer. Also, really need to see what happens with BLM too.

Randy C-17A Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://c17a.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down