Gold Adventures LLC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arkansas- Running the La-Trap in the East Cadron Creek

3 posters

Go down

Arkansas- Running the La-Trap in the East Cadron Creek Empty Arkansas- Running the La-Trap in the East Cadron Creek

Post by JOHNIFLY Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:34 pm

Greetings prospectors, Lived here twenty one years and have never been on this creek to look for gold. Funny thing is when you ask anyone here that you are looking for gold you get that deer in the headlight look. Most go good luck with that. So my first outing here produce a few flakes of color I was very surprised. I have found color nearly every time I have gone out but a couple times came home with nothing.

JOHNIFLY

http://www.millenniumhelicopters.com

Back to top Go down

Arkansas- Running the La-Trap in the East Cadron Creek Empty Re: Arkansas- Running the La-Trap in the East Cadron Creek

Post by russau Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:57 am

NICE SHOP! good video! NICE TOYS !! BUT id make sure you rerun those cons at a lower water level in your bowl!!!!!!!!! from what you've shown and said , you screen them but you had the Bowl level to high for that size gold! just rerun them and youll get them "others" that sneaked out of the bowl!

russau

Back to top Go down

Arkansas- Running the La-Trap in the East Cadron Creek Empty Re: Arkansas- Running the La-Trap in the East Cadron Creek

Post by JOHNIFLY Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:34 pm

russau wrote:NICE SHOP! good video! NICE TOYS !! BUT id make sure you rerun those cons at a lower water level in your bowl!!!!!!!!! from what you've shown and said , you screen them but you had the Bowl level to high for that size gold! just rerun them and youll get them "others" that sneaked out of the bowl!

Yes I always save the cons for a good rainy cold snowy day video. Just to beat up the crappy winter fever if you know what I mean..

JOHNIFLY

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNIFLY Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:38 pm

I forgot I saved them backwards this is the first outing and the other was day two. Yeah I'm goofy.

JOHNIFLY

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:24 am

John,

Once again, WELCOME to the new GA Forum! Wink

Thanks for the Trip Report posted here for all of us to "tag along" on....

Yeah, you DO have one hell of a Man Cave shop............just FULL of "toys"...

See? Isn't it cool to head out on your own, dig up a little native/wild gold, even when most others have NO clue it's still out there, still can be found?

Yep. I love that Le Trap sluice for fine gold.

I used to have a Keene Green Bowl, like the newer Blue Bowls. Honestly, I hated it... It was SO finicky as to level and water speed and classifying your cons into multiple sizes and spooning in my cons like 1 teaspoon at a time.... Ugh. I finally sold it, danced a jig.

I later bought and own a Gold Cube. LOVE IT! Just screen anything to 3/8th of an inch, set it up, run your material/cons and wash out the top mat tray & lower mat tray separately... Less than 2 cups of super cons to hand pan. 98+% effective on fine gold down to 200 mesh. Love it.

Anyways, many thanks for the Trip Report & embedded videos! Can't wait to see more.

Randy C-17A Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://c17a.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by russau Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:58 am

Randy , now you need to make a Miller Table to finish cleaning up those cons! theres lots of videos and disscussions over on Tnet by AZviper . he uses the "drawer liner " from any hardware store and it works good. mine is of a piece of slate and it works great! it is a VERY worthwhile project to build or buy!

russau

Back to top Go down

Arkansas- Running the La-Trap in the East Cadron Creek Empty My Man Cave

Post by JOHNIFLY Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:44 pm

Randy
You made a reference to my shop and so have others and I guess you edited it out, maybe you thought you were asking too much but what the heck. You weren’t buddy so here we go.
My man cave is a really nice shop. It’s the only thing I have that I don’t owe a dime on. I started my shop in 2000 and all the machines were paid off in 2004. A guy I started out with in 1983 we got a gov contract making hinges aircraft galley hinges and cabinet hinges and overhead baggage compartment. We made several different sizes and models. It got so big we were making them now for ships and yachts and even bullet trains. I started making the center links and he made the frames. On January 7th 2015 we lost the contract and it went to china. Now shop work is very hard to find here. My shop has a HAAS CNC Mini Mill 10 tool, tool changer, Yam CNC Lathe 8 position tool changer. One conventional mill and a small manual lathe. Have a nice tig & mig welder. My CNC programing software and my ability to do 3D machining programing made me some good money going and writing programs for others and setting up there machines made me very popular here. 21 years of experience with cad now. Most all the big machine shops have had me make them a ton of money on production parts. Repeat Repeat Repeat parts. Most of them are still running today some have folded. I do have a good chance to go to work for someone in Colorado Springs and Denver area as well. Mostly as a programmer and setup man, easy and good pay. Been thinking about after I finish this helicopter up and get it deliver to Anchorage Alaska I plan on trading my big trailer in on a four season camper and coming up and checking the jobs out maybe look for a piece of land to buy and maybe move my shop there. I can move it really easy. It was a kit building built tore down moved here reassembled. So if I don’t find something to do here soon than plan b comes into play. Back to the man cave, I love to play guitar and have played for many years now so I have a really nice Martin acoustic and a wireless system. I also love my 6 channel peavey 400 watt surround sound system to plug and play; I even have a wireless mic setup for some of the good singers that I’m not one of them. My son is an awesome keyboard player and my older son is a good guitar player. Neil my neighbor is a good guitar player and has a good voice on mic. My favorite thing in the shop is my keg arator. Which just ran dry. LOL!! Beer run tomorrow. I also love sewing and have done several aircraft interiors on the side. In fact that’s what’s getting me buy right now but its slow to. I also have a quilting machine for the lady’s no joke. It can do up to a super king size quilt. My big leather machine is a Dukoff Adler compound machine. I use Brother Machines for all other things, quilting and embroidery or just lite sewing. Funny thing is when most the helicopter guys show up here with their wives, well they fall in love with this place too when they see something they love to do as well. I also have a vinyl cutter to for decals. Yes I have some great toys maybe too many. LOL!!!

JOHNIFLY

Back to top Go down

Post by russau Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:45 am

John , NO DOUBT ABOUT IT ! Nice shop ! I wish mine was that big ! BUT my oversized 1 car shop will have to do for now! I just need to sell off some of my equipment so Ill have a little more leg room to move around! Very Happy

russau

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down