Gold Adventures LLC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Member List

4 posters

Go down

Member List Empty Member List

Post by dickb Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:13 pm

Well, I see today that we now have 50 members enrolled in the new forum. Great balls on fire, the forum's growing. YEA! Very Happy

Dickb
dickb
dickb

Back to top Go down

Member List Empty Re: Member List

Post by russau Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:10 am

yep and I wish they would post something about what they are doing.

russau

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:27 am

Dickb, Russ,

Yep............  I am showing a healthy 51 members now....and growing slowly.  Very Happy

My old Forum had almost 700 members total, after 7 years, although with the paper price of gold falling from over $1,900 to today's $1,0505 to $1,100 range I have noticed a big slide in activity, member posts...

My hope is we keep reaching out to any & all family, friends and prospecting acquaintances and get folks over here to the GA Forum.  Wink

We WILL rebuild this Forum...............make it one of the premier/friendliest gold prospecting, rock hounding, metal detecting, outdoor fun having Forums out there...

Randy  C-17A   Smile

P.S. Yep, I'd like to see more folks chime in too, post questions, pictures, trip Reports... I know wintertime is kinda slow, as I am house bound as well...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://c17a.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jloyd Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:52 pm

No pictures but am doing some digging and metal detecting in Arizona .Have been finding some good gold .

jloyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:08 am

Jloyd,

Welcome to the new Forum and for chiming in here...

Really glad you could make it!  Very Happy

Great to hear you're diggin' and finding some gold too.  Maybe you could post some Trip Reports under "Metal Detecting" for all of us to read, enjoy?  Even without pictures we'd like to know what's up in Arizona.

I am still wintered in here in High Kolorado.  2 degrees this morning for the low, snow still on the ground, everything frozen solid.  Ugh...

IF you ever want to post pictures it's pretty easy:

1).  Open up a free on-line account at a web based photo hosting service.  I use PhotoBucket.

2). Upload your pictures on PhotoBucket, under your account, into a named folder.

3).  Click the generate Image link button after you select the pictures you want to use.

4).  Simply copy & paste the image links into your posts here on the Forum as you write them, between the text of your write up, where it makes sense to put the pictures and the site automatically "links back" to your PhotoBucket account folder, displays the pictures imbedded into your post. Just like magic!

Anyways.....welcome aboard.......heavy pans & big nuggets to you!  Wink

Randy  C-17A  Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://c17a.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dickb Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:44 am

Here is a bit of information about forum photo hosting, instead of using a photo hosting service.
For the second time now I see that forums that have their own hosting capability have lost all photos due to problems with the host. Randy lost all of his info when his forum host disappeared and now another forum I frequent had notified that the forum host has problems and all the photos on the site will be lost during the repair process. Hot links to photo's will not be affected.
So it costs the forum creator extra bucks to provide brosdband to host the photo's and the forum provicer won't provide protection of the information that they host. It's up to the forum creator to back up all this information if he wants too.

For me that's a no go and I will continue to use Photobucket as my hosting service. It will save Randy some money while providing the forum and helps stop the loss of great information that others can learn from.

The choice is yours.

Dickb
dickb
dickb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum