Gold Adventures LLC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You guys staying warm?

2 posters

Go down

You guys staying warm? Empty You guys staying warm?

Post by russau Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:13 am

It wont get out of the single digits today around here and in the 60s coming for the weekend ! Add in the 20-30 M.P.H. wind chill and it wont take long for frost bite to set in!!!! FIGURE THAT ONE OUT! Dick stay warm!

russau

Back to top Go down

You guys staying warm? Empty Re: You guys staying warm?

Post by dickb Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:33 am

Russ:

You can count on that. I stay close to the fireplace and warm my toes. I don't go outside unless I have to. -55* wind chills here last night and I stayed up till 3AM to watch the house and the wife got up at 5AM to carry on the watch. I can't remember -28* in all the time I have lived in Iowa. Came through with no problems and it sure is nice to not have to get up and go to work. That's the best part of being retired. I don't set the alarm clock unless I have to get up for a reason.
I sure hope we get rid of all this snow. We're running out of places to pile it and more coming, before it warms up.

Dickb
dickb
dickb

Back to top Go down

Post by russau Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:50 am

I remember back in 1969 / 70 while in Germany we would walk on top of the 1 foot of snow all Winter and while pulling duty(Sargent of the guard or crew chief for manning the temps would drop to -45 at night. I can still hear the "crunch" of my foot steps going out to the site!

russau

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum