Gold Adventures LLC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPAA claim updates

4 posters

Go down

GPAA claim updates Empty GPAA claim updates

Post by MinerMatt Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:46 am

Apparently the GPAA claims in Chaffee County Colorado are closed. WTF? Why did this happen and when did it happen? This is where I was going to prospect this summer if the BLM shuts down Cache Creek. I live in Leadville, and If the Arkansas Claims Block is closed, and Cache Creek gets shut down, that leaves me without any other options except Clear Creek in Golden CO and the Denver area which is OK but not great, or the Idaho Springs claim which always gets terrible reviews by GPAA members on the GPAA website.
MinerMatt
MinerMatt

Back to top Go down

GPAA claim updates Empty Re: GPAA claim updates

Post by russau Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:28 am

HMM?? looks like its time to do some more research and NOT on gpaa claims. I finally gave up on them about 12-15 years ago. Sad

russau

Back to top Go down

Post by jloyd Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:28 pm

The claims on the arkansa are still open .Some how they were taken out of the program on the site.This is from gpaa staf.
Have alerted the associate that takes care of the Online Guide, not sure why these came up missing but they are GPAA claims in good standing and open for member use. should be back in there soon.
hope this helps.

jloyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:44 am

Jloyd,

THANKS for clarifying with the GPAA that the Arkansas Group here on the river are in fact STILL open, good to go! Wink

For anyone going there, I recommend hiking down river from the Railroad trestle a little ways to the big, sweeping inside bend as the river turns from Southwest to more South.

Look around where the bench meets the higher bank. Surface to no more than 1 foot down you should find some old orangish Cache Creek clayish material. I always found the best color in that material in that area, not out deep and not behind boulders...

HTH,

Randy "C-17A" Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://c17a.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jloyd Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:54 am

I try to keep up on that stuff if I can.Glad to be some help.

jloyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down