Gold Adventures LLC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lack of post's ??

+2
dickb
russau
6 posters

Go down

lack of post's ?? Empty lack of post's ??

Post by russau Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:07 am

Well I (for one) hope this isn't going to be the trend for this year. lot's of forums around the net have been silent.............

russau

Back to top Go down

lack of post's ?? Empty Re: lack of post's ??

Post by dickb Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:07 am

I would say that Government pressure and the get rich quick miners have had the effect to turn off miners and send them other places.
I don't see this changing this year and going back to what it was when the Price of gold was high....... until the price of gold goes back up.

Just my opinion for what its worth......... very little!

Dickb
dickb
dickb

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:35 am

Didkb, Russ,

The Chief (Ron) is off in Wyoming for his annual ice fishing escapade with buddies, so he's not around right now to chime in, watch the board...

BUT, like you two have so aptly identified, the "gold fever" has worn completely off for many...  Embarassed

With gold off its $1,900 highs and languishing around $1,100 to $1,300 and more and more land closed off, shut down, restricted to mining/prospecting.....like criminal Obama locking up 556 million acres in 34 National Monument designations and the 8 years of Obama's DOI, USFS & BLM  withdrawing zillions of acres of our lands, designating streams/rivers a "Wind & Scenic", etc., or states like Kalifornia, Oregon & Washington implementing dredge bans and "Hands & Pans Only" rules .....like in the Auburn State Rec. Area, etc., many have just quit...

I have written Trump's new DOI secretary Ryan Zinke 8 times now since 3 Feb 2017 and not one reply to any package I've sent up.  I bet it's Obama holdovers in the mail room throwing my stuff in the trash before Zinke every gets to see it...

Yes.  Things are way, way slower than in years past.  When that web hosting site closed no-notice and my old Gold Adventures Forum "died", I had almost 800 registered users.  POOF!  GONE!  NO way to recover any of it.  I tried...  Sadly, only a handful like you all came over to the new Forum...

So, I agree...  Until gold goes WAY up, becomes popular again, I think it's just gonna be us few, very few old geesers.....and Miner Matt. Wink

Randy  C-17A  Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://c17a.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dickb Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:02 pm

The die hards are out here, but I think the camo has them pretty hard to find.

Heavy pans to all.

Dickb
dickb
dickb

Back to top Go down

Post by russau Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:31 pm

Yes I agree ! I'm headed that way myself ! All of my equipment is for sale , BUT until I find a reasonable offer I'll give it another try this July in Wyoming on Douglas Creek or if that don't work mybe somewhere close to home?/

russau

Back to top Go down

Post by russau Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:51 am

It looks like its time to delete yahoogroups from my list!

russau

Back to top Go down

Post by pickaxe Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:50 pm

So, Russ, why delete yahooogroups? No traffic or have they gone greeny/ecowaco?

pickaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by pickaxe Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:59 pm

I will say though, I have always hated the way yahoo groups is layed out. What a pain.

pickaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by russau Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:45 am

It appears to me that nobody is using it any more! So why do I keep going to look at the sites when nobody is commenting on them?

russau

Back to top Go down

Post by dickb Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:13 am

Hi Russ:

Thoughtful insight. Stay warm.

Dickb
dickb
dickb

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinInColorado Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:20 pm

Treasurenet is still thriving. Also I have about 2,800 people in my “Finding Gold In Colorado” Facebook group and its very active! (That’s up from zero a year or two ago!) Randy, you should consider joining the FB group to promote your videos if you are still making money from YouTube.

I admit I don’t check all these niche forums as often as I used to Sad
Too busy finishing my book i guess!

KevinInColorado

http://www.findingGOLDinColorado.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jloyd Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:44 pm

just came by to say hi .

jloyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:30 am

Jloyd,

Thanks! "HI!" Wink

I just posted a new post about utilizing YouTube more and more as to videos vs. pictures and Trip Reports here on the Forum...

Would love to hear, or see what everyone else is doing!

Hope we all stay connected, interested! Wink

Randy C-17A Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jloyd Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:38 pm

Well I am not one for videos but am doing some drywashing here in AZ..

jloyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:47 pm

Jloyd,

Hope your dry washing is going well... Wink

Is it Africa Hot there yet?

We got a storm in yesterday & today and dumped about 4 to 6 inches of wet, heavy snow here in High Kolorado... But, it's clearing now, getting sunny, and a lot of the snow is melting in now...

Was 25F this morning for the low. Up to 43F outside now at 1:45 PM. Nice!

Randy C-17A Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jloyd Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:37 pm

only been in the 80s the last few days but it should get into the 90s next week .

jloyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:38 am

Jloyd,

Sounds too HOT!

Spring is here, had 4 to 6 inches of snow all over on Friday. It's all melted in down low here...

Had a low of 27F this morning, clear, sun rising and up to 38F already. We'll probably get up to 60F later today. NICE! Wink Perfect prospecting weather.... NO bugs and LOW humidity too.

I went out sluicing after church in the afternoon here for about 1 hour and 45 minutes. Worked a spot I dredged for 4 hours last Fall. got .33 grams of nice, yellow, super fine gold. Pretty happy with that... Awesome afternoon on the Ark...

Randy C-17A Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jloyd Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:41 pm

I know what the weather can be there as I lived in Colorado Springs for 8 years .80 is hot there .

jloyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 11, 2018 8:49 am

Jloyd,

Well, Spring is here!

Wildflowers popping up all over.............lows of opnly 33F or so and warms up FAST with daily highs from upper 60s to mid-70s. Wink

I've been out a lot lately, prospecting and working around the yard and on my house...

Since posting pics here is such a pain, I now do mostly short videos and post them to my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/C0017A/videos?disable_polymer=1

We had a "dredge party" recently with John the claim owner, Bill & Ron and I... Ron & I got 8.23 grams and John and I got 6.36 grams. VERY happy how the vibrator on my 4 inch dredge worked! Wink

Soon, I'll have to start restaining my whole log home... Ugh. That will be some WORK!

Randy C-17A Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by russau Mon May 14, 2018 4:34 am

Sounds like you guys had a great time! Wish I was there !!

russau

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 14, 2018 6:19 am

Russ,

It was a fun time with Bill and his 2 1/2 inch dredge and Ron the Chief, John and me taking turns running my 4 inch dredge. Miner Matt showed up and even ran his Gold Cube with new Dream Mat installed.

BUT, it was "hard fun" for sure carrying all that equipment first down the bank, getting it all assembled, running and dialed in...

Then, spending 4 days in that cold water digging up, pitching and rolling the bigger rocks around...

THEN breaking it all down, hauling it all back up that steep bank in pieces, getting it loaded up, home and put away! Shocked

Ron the Chief ended up pulling a few muscles and even a tendon in his leg (we think) and my right elbow still hurts a little, like from over use or a strain on the joint. Oh, the "pains" of getting older. Ha. Wink

Did you see the videos I made and posted to my YouTube Channel? https://www.youtube.com/user/C0017A/videos?disable_polymer=1

The Ark's flooding now due to snow melt, so will be quite a while before I can do anymore dredging... Running 1,420 CFS at the Granite gauge this morning and still rising. Was only 300 to 550 these 4 days. Ha!

Looking forward to more hard fun already..............wherever THAT might be!

Oh, Miner Matt got about .95 grams, as the spot he was working turned out to not be the best. Still waiting on Wild Bill's 2 1/2 inch cleanup.

Randy C-17A Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dickb Mon May 14, 2018 9:10 am

Hi Randy:

Really glad to see that your getting out on the Ark and getting some of that Yella stuff. Not getting skunked is the best part. You know there is some still there. Maybe with all that water flow it will replenish the areas that you have already worked. If they caught gold before, it's likely that it will continue to catch more. Now to CC and see if you can find another honey hole. Good luck and as you get older you will wish you could do the things your doing now. HA :-) Not much longer and I'll be 72.

By the way, Carson just finished his first year at U of SC. One year of AFROTC done. YEA

Dickb
dickb
dickb

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 14, 2018 2:33 pm

Dickb,

Thanks for looking and commenting... Wink

Hope to go get MORE yella stuff, once the Ark flooding subsides...

Hope to stay in reasonably good health too!

GREAT to hear Carson is finishing up his first year of AFROTC! Good job Carson! Very Happy Just 3 more to go...

Heavy pans,

Randy C-17A Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum