Gold Adventures LLC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Randy's Latest Keene Dredge Sluice Mods with Gold Hog Matting -- 6 Jul 16

+4
jloyd
dickb
russau
Admin
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Randy's Latest Keene Dredge Sluice Mods with Gold Hog Matting -- 6 Jul 16 - Page 2 Empty Re: Randy's Latest Keene Dredge Sluice Mods with Gold Hog Matting -- 6 Jul 16

Post by russau Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:15 pm

Randy if you have time could you post the sequence and name the type of Gold Hog matting that you installed in your sluice . My old eyes aren't what they used to be while looking at your pictures of your sluice. Im going to order some more for Leonards 4 inch . I see that you have 2 pieces of the UR mat but the others I cant make out very well! its still raining here and flooding as we speak! That drive to see Leonard and bugg was a killer ! 13 hours each way left Saturday morning and got back Sunday night at midnight. I brought my wife to help drive BUT she slept most of the trip out there and drove a little coming home!

russau

Back to top Go down

Randy's Latest Keene Dredge Sluice Mods with Gold Hog Matting -- 6 Jul 16 - Page 2 Empty Re: Randy's Latest Keene Dredge Sluice Mods with Gold Hog Matting -- 6 Jul 16

Post by russau Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:36 pm

Randy , Doc just posted a video of someones 4 inch dredge that was fitted with Gold Hog mats and he talked about each one. They had trimmed River Hog and Talon mats that alternated. I still would like you to say what your mats were and pattern you installed them. the video is on youtube.com titled ," converting a 4 inch dredge to Gold Hog mats" plus its over on Tnet.com , Facebook.com/GoldHog

russau

Back to top Go down

Post by russau Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:33 am

Thanks for the email Randy!

russau

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:05 pm

Russ,

Well............GOOD LUCK on the upcoming Dr. visits and appts. and surgeries, replacements, fillings, Botoxing, skin graftings, extensions, removals, male enhancements.... Wink

I mean really....

Some dude in Indonesia claims to be born in 1870... Some woman in Italy claims to be born in 1899.

You and me have somewhere between 75 to 100 years more of HOT sex and gold prospecting...

Randy C-17A Smile

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://c17a.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dickb Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:17 pm

ONE REALLY BIG SMILE!

Now I know why you prospect for gold. Remember what Mel Fisher said ...... "Today is the day"

Dickb
dickb
dickb

Back to top Go down

Post by russau Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:38 am

EXTENSIONS????????????? your referring to sluices CORRECT???????? I hope so!!! cyclops

russau

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:59 am

Russ,

Ha. Why not "extend" most everything............life, sluice boxes, etc. Isn't that why they started calling them "Long Toms"? Ha Wink

Randy C-17A Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by russau Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:51 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

russau

Back to top Go down

Post by TRJ Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:55 pm

Randy,

I was bored on a cold February day and I have just read this thread for the first time. Did you ever post how well the GH actually worked?

I know you have a more recent thread where you went to all vortex. Is that an indication that the GH under performed?

Thanks,

Tony

TRJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:11 pm

TRJ,

Well, for our super fine gold (80% minus 50 mesh to 200) the Gold Hog mats didn't work well for me. I tried different water speeds, feed rates and such.

When I redredged 2 day's worth of tailing piles, I got a lot of color back.

My 7 feet of Vortex matting and my VIBCO DC-20 12 volt vibrator works the best for recovery so far...

Randy Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by russau Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:25 am

I guess you just cant beat success ! Very Happy

russau

Back to top Go down

Post by dickb Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:05 pm

The thing about experimenting with different ideas is that you never know when you'll hit the jackpot with one.
So I say keep trying and stick with what works till something better comes along. After all these years Mike Pung is still selling Cubes with vortex in them. I'd say he must like what he in getting in his pan.

Dickb
dickb
dickb

Back to top Go down

Post by TRJ Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:51 pm

Randy,

Have you ran your 4" with the vibrator while it was floating?

Also, last fall after dredging season was over for me I put about a 30" extension on my mini 4" and added vortex all the way with about 18" of GH up top.  I am anxious to see how it does if summer will ever get here.

Also, I have a piece of 3/8" punch plate that I need to rework to get it into the dredge. It is only as long as the original sluice but that should still work pretty well I hope.

Tony

TRJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2