Gold Adventures LLC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colorado -- Sluicing Cache Creek -- 17 May 2017

3 posters

Go down

Colorado -- Sluicing Cache Creek -- 17 May 2017 Empty Colorado -- Sluicing Cache Creek -- 17 May 2017

Post by Admin Wed May 17, 2017 6:17 pm

Hey Gold Adventurers...

Yet another "High" Kolorado gold prospecting adventure in the books today...

With a big late Spring storm coming our way.............to drop us back into the 20s and 30s and deliver a bunch of wet, heavy snow.......I decided to hit Cache Creek and do the "hike in" thing....with my Le Trap, #2 shovel, bucket, pan, classifier, etc...

From where the idiotic BLM locks the gate it's a good 1 mile walk both ways... Ugh...

But, being brave at heart, I made the walk in at 8AM, at a fast pace, arriving the Red Berm area at 8:25 AM.

Here's my red Jeep locked out of OUR public lands..

Colorado -- Sluicing Cache Creek -- 17 May 2017 DSC09589_zpsjjndpify

Here I am, all set up and running my first pail of material...

Colorado -- Sluicing Cache Creek -- 17 May 2017 DSC09591_zpsicybnghq

My ever trusty Le Trap sluice in operation...

Colorado -- Sluicing Cache Creek -- 17 May 2017 DSC09590_zps1xmrkym5

My first dig spot... Did maybe 3 pails and a sample pan. Not a lot of color. Decided to move closer and shovel direct...

Colorado -- Sluicing Cache Creek -- 17 May 2017 DSC09592_zpsez1qjbdf

Yep... Just dug material close, shoveled it in... WAY easier than classifying and carrying pails...

Colorado -- Sluicing Cache Creek -- 17 May 2017 DSC09594_zpsangacxxs

Well, after a good 3 1/2 hours of pitching rocks, diggin' and sluicing "material"..........I was done. This is my progress for the morning...

Colorado -- Sluicing Cache Creek -- 17 May 2017 DSC09595_zpsf48sfclq

My trusty Le Trap with my morning's gold...

Colorado -- Sluicing Cache Creek -- 17 May 2017 DSC09596_zpsnf6ztmxc

Here's my Cache Creek gold... 9.2 grains or .60 grams of clean, pretty gold. Mostly fine with a few chunkier pieces...

Colorado -- Sluicing Cache Creek -- 17 May 2017 DSC09598_zpsynjvkvc8
Colorado -- Sluicing Cache Creek -- 17 May 2017 DSC09599_zpsq8ut16nt

SO, overall a nice day out of the house. Just wish the idiotic BLM would get a grip, get a clue, give all us recreational gold prospectors Cache Creek as a SRMA -- Special Recreation Management Area... After all, it's the biggest, longest running hydraulic gold mine in all Kolorado State history....for 52 years straight miners mined Cache Creek. We deserve it now too...

Hope you get out, get some "wild" gold of your own too!

I made 2 short videos:

First video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryuErALu4CY

Last video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q655MNb5Vuw

Randy C-17A Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://c17a.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Colorado -- Sluicing Cache Creek -- 17 May 2017 Empty Re: Colorado -- Sluicing Cache Creek -- 17 May 2017

Post by dickb Wed May 17, 2017 6:29 pm

Nice looking pan.
Now the plan is to make it real hard and the people will not come. I assume your way back where the campground was. I see the power lines. Can you still get access where the cemetery is?

Dickb
dickb
dickb

Back to top Go down

Colorado -- Sluicing Cache Creek -- 17 May 2017 Empty Re: Colorado -- Sluicing Cache Creek -- 17 May 2017

Post by Admin Wed May 17, 2017 6:58 pm

Dickb,

Thanks for looking....

Yes.  I was at the West end "Placering Area" parking lot area.  The BLM has posted NO DIGGING signs at the cemetery, to run us all off the 2,135 acres that WE may want to prospect on, spread out, and herd us all into the 25 acres at the West end in the rocks & the trees....and where the creek water runs out first in about August.

Yep...  Bastard BLM wants to make it a impossibly hard as possible....on old folks like me, on handicapped people, on disabled vets, on families with young kids, on EVERYONE that wants a fair share of THEIR public lands...

The BLM is owned lock, stock & barrel by the eco-Nazis.  Traitors all...  Not following their Congressional mandate of "Multiple Use" per the FLMPA of 1976.  For BLM today, just one use....all for the eco-Nazis.

The BLM "swamp" needs immediate draining.  Those in current power need to be fired and fired upon.  I'll gladly donate my services, free of charge.

The problem at Cache Creek.............is the last I got from Keith Berger and Kalem Lenard the Royal Gorge BLM, is their "supplementary rules" were "on hold".  Yet, criminal BLM posted new "NO DIGGING" signs at the Granite Cemetery area...  I think they are WAY ahead of themselves...  BLM sees themselves are ABOVE the law and the makers of "law".....not the Congress.

So, to avoid ANY problem with these BLM criminals, I have avoided that area of the valley....went to the "placering area" 25-acrea designated section....in the rocks & trees....worst part.

Not that I am a fan of ISIS, but they could do the BLM a world of good.....  We'd be treated to some cool YouTube videos...  Give us a chance to "reset" our government with the Constitution and Founding Father's intent...

Randy  C-17A   Smile

Last edited by Admin on Thu May 18, 2017 7:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chief05 Wed May 17, 2017 8:21 pm

Sir:

Nice to know Cache Creek still has a little Chunky Yellar Gold, sure looks nice.

Glad you could break away before the storm hit, the new update is showing approximately 5 inches for the house.

So good call to cancel tomorrow's adventure, better safe than sorry.......

See ya next trip.....

Ron

Chief05

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu May 18, 2017 7:18 am

Chief,

Great decision to NOT try and drive up today....

.....got 3+ inches of heavy, wet snow last night! The weatherman didn't lie this time. Ha! Wink

The roads will be very shushy, slippery, dangerous for sure.

FYI: I saved you some Cache Creek gold, at Randy's Red Berm. Nice or what? So, come up after you get back from Wyoming...

Here's what it looks like outside right now:

Colorado -- Sluicing Cache Creek -- 17 May 2017 DSC09600_zpsdgrtbibn
Colorado -- Sluicing Cache Creek -- 17 May 2017 DSC09601_zpsnj592coa
Colorado -- Sluicing Cache Creek -- 17 May 2017 DSC09602_zpsgnt5dioz
Colorado -- Sluicing Cache Creek -- 17 May 2017 DSC09603_zpsfla57qdo
Colorado -- Sluicing Cache Creek -- 17 May 2017 DSC09604_zps5vdi3jog

By the time you get back from WYO it should be melted in...........and causing our little feeder creek to roar like the Arkansas River! That way we can run 2 Le Traps and get twice the gold.

Randy C-17A Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 20, 2017 9:08 am

Hey Adventurers...

Well, it stopped snowing in the afternoon for a bit...

THEN, we got another 3+ inches of snow again, Thursday night... All totaled up, 6 to 7 inches of wet, heavy snow in this probably last Spring snow storm for 2017.

Here's a couple more pics showing what Friday morning looked like here:

Colorado -- Sluicing Cache Creek -- 17 May 2017 DSC09605_zps4hxxrvdo

Colorado -- Sluicing Cache Creek -- 17 May 2017 DSC09606_zpsfbxtq0po

Colorado -- Sluicing Cache Creek -- 17 May 2017 DSC09607_zpsrclatf3u

Interesting thing is..........the skies cleared, the temps got up into the high 40s, the sun beamed and probably 95% of it all melted off/in here at the lower elevations in a day!

So, soon the Ark will be gushing with even MORE runoff water. Hope it washed up a lot of new flood gold for me! Wink

Lots of wildflowers starting to pop up now, the front lawn is green. I'll be planting my garden soon, once the nights consistently go above freezing at night.

Randy C-17A Smile

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down