Gold Adventures LLC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merry Christmass and Happy New Year to all

5 posters

Go down

Merry Christmass and Happy New Year to all Empty Merry Christmass and Happy New Year to all

Post by russau Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:21 am

I hope everyone that reads this a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR !

russau

Back to top Go down

Merry Christmass and Happy New Year to all Empty Re: Merry Christmass and Happy New Year to all

Post by jloyd Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:00 pm

Merry Christmas to all.

jloyd

Back to top Go down

Merry Christmass and Happy New Year to all Empty Re: Merry Christmass and Happy New Year to all

Post by MinerMatt Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:28 am

Merry Christmas to all you gold freaks out there!
MinerMatt
MinerMatt

Back to top Go down

Post by dickb Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:37 pm

I'm Wishing all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to be shared with family and friends.
I hope you find a little "YELLA" in the bottom of your pan.

Dickb
dickb
dickb

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:50 am

Russ, Jloyd, MinerMatt, Dickb, et al,...

I'll pile on here this Christmas Morning............MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!!!!

2 more inches of snow here last night.

So, all is white, white, white...  24F isn't bad at all.  Clean, cool and not slushy........white.

Remember............ Santa, trees and gifts are all very nice, but Jesus is the real reason for the season.  Wink

Randy  C-17A  Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://c17a.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jloyd Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:38 pm

Yes and we got snow yesterday here in Arizona .But it did not last long .froze last night.

jloyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:27 am

Jloyd,

Nice.............a white Christmas Eve in Arizona.  Wink

Yesterday, Christmas Day, was the biggest wind storm I've seen here in 4+ years now...  A total white out at times and blowing/drifting snow all day long.  Never got above freezing.  Probably 20 Kts gusts to 50 Kts at times.  Took branches off my pines.  Hope I didn't lose some big trees, haven't checked yet.

About 2 PM we started having intermittent electrical power outages......from say 5 seconds up to 5 minutes.  That went on 5 or 6 times until 3:30 PM and then just plain.........OUT.   Embarassed

I waited until 4 PM.  Still not back on.  Couldn't reach the power company at all.......a just a "busy" signal.  I walked the garbage dumpster to the county road out front in the gathering darkness...  Not a light to be seen in any direction on a house.  Only a few vehicles driving in the distance...  Not good for our planned Christmas crab leg, asparagus, sweet potato casserole dinner!   Neutral

SO, being the "prepper" I am out here in High Kolorado, I went to the barn out back, got out, prepped, fired up and hooked up my big 8750/7000 Watt generator, powered up the house and we were back in business for Christmas!   All less than 15 minutes.    Wink

I ran the generator off a propane bottle until 8 PM when we finally noticed lights back on in some of the surrounding houses.  That baby worked perfectly and saved the day, as we had light, heat, well water, watched TV too!

The wind finally died down late last night....

A balmy 0.9F degrees out this morning at 6 AM.  Clear, so hope it warms up more today.  Santa was good to us all here.

Randy  C-17A   Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by russau Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:52 am

I like my 10KW generator also!! I used to have a 6.5 KW BUT it wasn't enough for in the Summer time with the A/C . BUT now Im covered and haven't lost power since I bought this gen. set! It just figures!! Smile

russau

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:45 am

Russ,

Yep... You sure don't use them much in a year.............BUT.............of the several times I have used it to date.........it's ALWAYS at the worst timing...

.....like every time in winter, when it's below freezing, snowy, short days and long dark nights.

Even though I have wood heat here in my Man Cave addition..........all the rest of the house is propane fired hot water baseboard heat, for example. You'd think, NO problem..........propane heat.........got 850 gallons of propane in the tank out back.....BUT, w/o the tiny little bit of electricity needed to run the two zone thermostats and the pilot light running temp sensor, it won't run.

My submersible well pump is a 3-phase, 220-240V pump. Need a big generator to deliver this kind of power.

BL: You can't have "too big" of a generator when push comes to shove. If you don't need all the power, the engine can run at a lower RPM and saves fuel and lowers wear and tear from an under powered generator trying to max deliver what it can...

If in doubt, GO BIG!!! Wink

Randy C-17A Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dickb Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:43 am

If in doubt, GO BIG!!! Wink

I totally agree.

I have Hydronic heat also and the tubes are in the concrete floor. So freezing is a problem. It runs on nat gas. but need electricity to run the ignitor and pump controller.

Ain't winter fun!

Dickb
dickb
dickb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down