Gold Adventures LLC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colorado -- Gold Prospecting Done For the Year Here Now...

3 posters

Go down

Colorado -- Gold Prospecting Done For the Year Here Now... Empty Colorado -- Gold Prospecting Done For the Year Here Now...

Post by Admin Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:10 am

Gold Adventurers,

Sorry I haven't been here on the Forum much lately...

Been hosting a long time family friend and his son up from Texas for a deer hunt here on my property. Been busy shoveling and blowing snow, as we're WAY into winter here and it's only Fall!

Sadly, my last prospecting trip out was in the afternoon of Friday, 9 November. Went over to a friend's claim to see how much snow & ice had built up and IF I could still get in some last prospecting for the year...

Nope. Not really. Was below freezing in the middle of the day, breezy, cold.

LOTS of ice already all along the banks, on and around the boulders in the river, as we'd had really cold nights the week before down to 5F, 8F, 12F and mid teens a lot lately and some days, even IF sunny, not above freezing...

I tried to do like 4 sample pans here and there and most all too frozen to dig now in the banks or even benches at the water's edge. Had to bust 2 inches of ice just to pan in ice cold water.

Then, we had MORE snow the next day... White all round here now, hills, mountain tops, all around my house. Embarassed Probably 4 to 5 inches out, all over now... 16F out this morning, still in the dark, as I write this...

SO, basically the polar opposite of last year's warm/drought winter here... Had 5 little snows in September and 2 bigger ones here in November so far...

Will have to switch now to indoor and garage projects.

Come on Spring! Wink

Randy C-17A Smile

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://c17a.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Colorado -- Gold Prospecting Done For the Year Here Now... Empty Re: Colorado -- Gold Prospecting Done For the Year Here Now...

Post by dickb Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:48 pm

Time to get the equipment in tip top shape for the next season. It seems that when hunting season comes around all the deer and elk, decide to leave and go on vacation. :-)

Stay warm by the fire.

Dickb
dickb
dickb

Back to top Go down

Colorado -- Gold Prospecting Done For the Year Here Now... Empty Re: Colorado -- Gold Prospecting Done For the Year Here Now...

Post by Admin Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:22 pm

Dickb,

Ha. I got a doe here on 5 November... Took me 3 days to do the process to turn it into 40 lbs of 99% lean burger, 8 pounds of tenderloin & back strap roasts...

I also have an Elk cow tag, BUT only saw one tiny herd of maybe 15 Elks back on 4 November, way over on the property across from me about 7 AM on a snowy day. They were spooked big time by somebody/something... They then took off at a full run South and I've never seen any more since...

Yep. I need to get a good garage heater soon so I can work in my garage, reload, work on equipment... Wink

Randy C-17A Smile

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by russau Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:33 pm

Randy you just cant beat a wood burning stove for the garage. I used to work in a body shop and he had one plus a gas furnace if needed. I have a 60,000 BTU furnace in my rear garage and I "work" in a "T" shirt in the Winter.

russau

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:23 pm

Russ,

Yep... Love my Man Cave wood burning stove...

I had a 30 gallon "double barrel" wood stove out in the shop in the barn, BUT it was 24 years old, had rain water leak in the roof cap, got the ashes inside wet (not left by me) and over time it rusted out. Had to send it to the dump in my garbage in pieces... Ha. Wink

I'll come up with something soooooooon...

Randy C-17A Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down