Le Trap Sluice Boxes Back In Stock / Carolina Prospectors

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Le Trap Sluice Boxes Back In Stock / Carolina Prospectors

Post by Carolina Prospectors on Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:37 am

We received a new shipment of the Le Trap sluice boxes and they are $89.95ea.


The Le Trap sluice is made of light weight wear-resistant green plastic. 16 inches wide and 48 inches long but weighs only 4 pounds. The riffles are designed with a two-step ramp which allows the sluice to recover fine gold without vibrating or the use of a carpet liner.

http://www.carolinaprospectors.net/Le_T ... j-5106.htm

avatar
Carolina Prospectors

Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-12-15
Location : Statesville, NC

View user profile http://www.carolinaprospectors.net/default.asp

Back to top Go down

Re: Le Trap Sluice Boxes Back In Stock / Carolina Prospectors

Post by russau on Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:08 pm

I wish I NEVER sold mine! It is a VERY good sluice to have!!!

russau

Posts : 375
Join date : 2015-11-30
Age : 70
Location : St. Louis , Misery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Le Trap Sluice Boxes Back In Stock / Carolina Prospectors

Post by Admin on Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:15 am

Russ,

I picked on a few extras of these Le Traps myself lately...............to stock in the garage........potentially sell to customers........for my upcoming 2017 season.

I can't tell you how many times this past 2016 season I took individuals, couples, families and groups out and by the end of the day they wanted to buy a Le Trap slice as their first sluice or ditch their older design, heavy, high water flow needy Hungarian riffle design Keene, Proline, Buckabilly, whatever.

This high tech drop riffle design Le Trap is 4 feet long, has 19 various drop riffles, creates a high pressure zone at riffle # 4 and then expands the water to slow it and drop the pressure down the box.  Absolutely my favorite for all gold......to -200 micro specks.  Runs clean too, with very little rocks once the black sand builds up and very little cons at the end of the day.  I can run all day sluicing and only do one cleanup, even with the endless black sand (Magnetite/Hematite) we have here in High Kolorado, if I keep running my crevice tool thru the drop riffles frequently to prevent any clay from building up in the drop riffle over time and keep the riffle loose, free & exchanging.

Love mine!

Randy  C-17A   Smile
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 500
Join date : 2015-11-29
Age : 57
Location : Buena Vista, Colorado

View user profile http://c17a.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Le Trap Sluice Boxes Back In Stock / Carolina Prospectors

Post by russau on Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:02 am

Randy these sluices are also used in the dredge sluice to assist cleaups after your cleanout of cons. Just place it in your sluice close to the flair and idle down the engine and run your screened cons through it and itll cleanup your cons ! Ive seen it done many times before.

russau

Posts : 375
Join date : 2015-11-30
Age : 70
Location : St. Louis , Misery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Le Trap Sluice Boxes Back In Stock / Carolina Prospectors

Post by Admin on Mon May 01, 2017 8:54 am

Russ,

Yep... I've seen that done many times too...

I was thinking about looking at my dredge box and wondering how I could get the Le Trap into it to do a little experimentation on catching any fine gold trying to escape out the back... Wink

Why settle for 85% recovery rate when you could have 90%???

Randy C-17A Smile
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 500
Join date : 2015-11-29
Age : 57
Location : Buena Vista, Colorado

View user profile http://c17a.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Le Trap Sluice Boxes Back In Stock / Carolina Prospectors

Post by russau on Mon May 01, 2017 4:07 pm

OR go with Gold Hog matting of various styles. I did but I ended up selling the 4 in. Keene because of its weight and the condition I'm in (F.O.G.) hopefully I'll be able to handle my 2 in. Keene with Gold Hog matts. OR I'll just sell it all and take up BINGO!

russau

Posts : 375
Join date : 2015-11-30
Age : 70
Location : St. Louis , Misery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Le Trap Sluice Boxes Back In Stock / Carolina Prospectors

Post by Admin on Mon May 01, 2017 6:02 pm

Russ,

I already have almost 7 feet of GH matting in my custom sluice box on my Keene 4 incher...

Seems to work O.K.

Still loses some gold out the back. Last August I redredged my tailing piles from 2 days running in an hour and got back a decent amount of lost gold the second time thru...

Might go dredging soon with the Vortex matting back in the box. Will try it again and see how it does and what I am losing out the back into my tailing pile.

Randy C-17A Smile
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 500
Join date : 2015-11-29
Age : 57
Location : Buena Vista, Colorado

View user profile http://c17a.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Le Trap Sluice Boxes Back In Stock / Carolina Prospectors

Post by Dave on Mon May 08, 2017 9:41 am

Admin wrote:Russ,

I already have almost 7 feet of GH matting in my custom sluice box on my Keene 4 incher...

Seems to work O.K.  

Still loses some gold out the back.  Last August I redredged my tailing piles from 2 days running in an hour and got back a decent amount of lost gold the second time thru...

Might go dredging soon with the Vortex matting back in the box.  Will try it again and see how it does and what I am losing out the back into my tailing pile.

Randy  C-17A  Smile

I thought Gold Hog didn't lose anything! Of course, you are dredging that fine Arkansas River gold--a Le Trap or a fluid trap at the end of the box would increase you recovery some. Or if you want Vortex, I have a roll 24" wide and long enough to fit your dredge that a friend ordered. He had a heart attack before he could cut it up and his widow asked if I could sell it for her. Let me know if you are interested in it. You can PM or call me. Dave

Dave

Posts : 49
Join date : 2015-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Le Trap Sluice Boxes Back In Stock / Carolina Prospectors

Post by Admin on Mon May 08, 2017 1:02 pm

Dave,

Thanks for the kindly offer...

I already have 7 feet of Vortex matting............and used it this time I dredged 2 thru 6 May on the Ark.  Did you see my Trip Report under Western Gold States yet?

It worked great!  Better then the GH on this fine to super duper fine flood gold.

I'll update my dredging Trip Report soon, just finished panning & weighing all my cons............but FYI.........of the 11.40 grams total I/we got in 4 1/2 days dredging.........a not surprising 87% was all -50 mesh flour to nano gold! Shocked

When I ran the GH matting last August dredging for 5 days, I only got 5.18 grams total............and when I redredged my tailing piles from the first 2 days............I got back a decent amount of "lost" gold.  The gold in that spot was just as fine. I suspect I was losing a lot of gold with the GH..........no matter my throttle setting and feed rate...........as I could always see a little color in the very last couple grooves of 7 feet of GH matting during cleanups. I suspect GH works better on bigger gold.

I know NOTHING is perfect and 100%, especially with this Ark river..........insane amounts of heavy black sand and super fine gold.......but, in my opinion, I did way better before and going back to the Vortex matting over the GH matting.

Randy  C-17A  Smile
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 500
Join date : 2015-11-29
Age : 57
Location : Buena Vista, Colorado

View user profile http://c17a.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Le Trap Sluice Boxes Back In Stock / Carolina Prospectors

Post by Dave on Mon May 08, 2017 3:05 pm

Admin wrote:Dave,

Thanks for the kindly offer...

I already have 7 feet of Vortex matting............and used it this time I dredged 2 thru 6 May on the Ark.  Did you see my Trip Report under Western Gold States yet?

It worked great!  Better then the GH on this fine to super duper fine flood gold.

I'll update my dredging Trip Report soon, just finished panning & weighing all my cons............but FYI.........of the 11.40 grams total I/we got in 4 1/2 days dredging.........a not surprising 87% was all -50 mesh flour to nano gold! Shocked

When I ran the GH matting last August dredging for 5 days, I only got 5.18 grams total............and when I redredged my tailing piles from the first 2 days............I got back a decent amount of "lost" gold.  The gold in that spot was just as fine.  I suspect I was losing a lot of gold with the GH..........no matter my throttle setting and feed rate...........as I could always see a little color in the very last couple grooves of 7 feet of GH matting during cleanups.  I suspect GH works better on bigger gold.

I know NOTHING is perfect and 100%, especially with this Ark river..........insane amounts of heavy black sand and super fine gold.......but, in my opinion, I did way better before and going back to the Vortex matting over the GH matting.

Randy  C-17A  Smile

No, I read that, but forgot what you were using then. I'm like Russ--getting old. I recall whatever you used worked pretty well. So, this means GH matting is the not the end all at all (for fine gold). Dave

PS--know anyone needing vortex matting?

Dave

Posts : 49
Join date : 2015-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Le Trap Sluice Boxes Back In Stock / Carolina Prospectors

Post by Admin on Mon May 08, 2017 3:49 pm

Dave,

If you want to sell the Vortex..............and it's great stuff...........maybe post a "FOR SALE" ad in the "Classified" thread?

I am sure you'll get a lot more views/interest there. Wink

Randy C-17A Smile

avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 500
Join date : 2015-11-29
Age : 57
Location : Buena Vista, Colorado

View user profile http://c17a.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Le Trap Sluice Boxes Back In Stock / Carolina Prospectors

Post by Dave on Mon May 08, 2017 4:42 pm

Admin wrote:Dave,

If you want to sell the Vortex..............and it's great stuff...........maybe post a "FOR SALE" ad in the "Classified" thread?

I am sure you'll get a lot more views/interest there.  Wink

Randy  C-17A   Smile


Great idea.

Dave

Posts : 49
Join date : 2015-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Le Trap Sluice Boxes Back In Stock / Carolina Prospectors

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum